IT Support Engineer
Twickenham Studios is home to some of the most well known film and television programming in the world. We are currently looking to recruit an IT support engineer to join our busy team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the studios IT infrastructure, and providing IT support to staff and clients.
This position is ideally suited to an IT graduate, with at least 3 years industry experience, and a broad knowledge of industry standard IT systems and principles.
Working within the studios engineering department, you will help to support the studios extensive IT infrastructure as well as responding to general IT support requests.
Typical duties will include:
- Setting up new user accounts for staff and clients.
- Configuring VLANs, Firewall rules, and Internet bandwidth to meet with specific client requirements.
- Supporting a range of file and application servers.
- Providing 1st line support to studio staff, and BYOD serviced offices.
- Maintaining an archive of daily backups from all TW1 systems.
- Finding fast, professional solutions to a wide range of IT issues.
- Configuring client requests on the studios VOIP phone system.
- Ensuring that all IT systems and technical documentation are kept up to date.
- Support for various IP based technologies across the site including CCTV, Access control and VOIP telephony.
- Hands on installation and decommissioning of network and telecoms cabling.
- Help with the planning and implementation of site wide IT projects.
Technical skills required:
- A broad understanding of enterprise level IT systems, and associated standards and protocols.
- Experience configuring firewalls, switches, and WiFi APs from a variety of industry standard suppliers.
- Strong understanding of WiFi technology and associated authentication methods.
- An understanding of virtualized server environments.
- Experience managing Office365 email services.
- Ability to fault find and repair a variety of hardware, ranging from desktop to enterprise level.
- Experience with common file transfer methods including FTP, Aspera, Signiant.
- Expertise in both Mac and Windows operating systems at administrator level.
- Strong understanding of network storage technology.
- Ability to produce technical drawings using MS Visio.
- Competent in the use of hand and power tools.
- Able to be flexible with working hours at short notice.
Personal skills required:
- A personable team player who is able to prioritise and manage heavy workloads.
- A trustworthy and dependable personality, who can be relied upon to stay calm in high pressure situations.
- Excellent client-facing communication skills are essential.
- A methodical approach to fault finding and the ability to quickly find solutions in order to minimize downtime.
If you believe you have the skills required to succeed in this exciting role please submit your technical CV and covering letter outlining qualifications, experience and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org An attractive package awaits the successful candidate. We look forward to hearing from you!
*Please not that this is a technical role and will not provide a route through to a creative position.
Twickenham Studios are looking for a Senior Engineer to join it’s Engineering department. You will be responsible for technical support, project management and maintenance across the site. This position would be ideally suited to an experienced engineer with a background in post production engineering, who has a strong interest in all aspects of technology/ engineering.
Applicants must be based in the UK, and have a valid UK work visa
**Please not that this is a technical role and will not provide a route through to a creative position.
The role will include, but is not limited to, providing technical support to:
- 3 AMS-Neve DFC equipped audio dubbing theatres
- Picture editing and finishing facilities
- Large number of cutting rooms & serviced offices
- Extensive IT networking infrastructure
- VoIP telecoms system
- Large access control system
- Site wide fire/ Intruder alarms
- IP based CCTV system
Other responsibilities will include:
- Managing and training assistant engineers
- Preparing the dubbing theatres to client specifications
- Installation of cabling and equipment across the site
- Diagnosis and repair of faulty equipment
- De-commision of redundant equipment
- Planning and costing of technical upgrades throught the site
- Preventative maintenance to ensure the smooth running of all technical systems
- Ensure that cable schedules, inventories and technical drawings are kept up to date
Technical skills required
- Applicants should have a degree in media technology or similar and be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of audio, video, electronics and IT engineering principles and practices.
- Experience maintaining and supporting large format digital mixing consoles, with knowledge of the AMS-Neve DFC being advantageous
- Knowledge of Avid Pro Tools software/ hardware setup and configuration
- Understanding of professional AV signal and compression standards
- A strong understanding of post production workflows
- Experience working with immersive sound formats including Dolby ATMOS
- Ability to manage enterprise level firewalls and IT equipment
- Exceptional practical skills with the ability to install a wide range of equipment, and terminate cabling to a professional standard.
- Experience working with Mac OSX and Windows operating systems at an advanced/admin level
- Experience supporting Baselight/ Media Composer picture post production systems
- Ability to produce technical drawings to company standards using MS Visio
Personal skills required
- A personable team player with a willingness to ‘roll your sleeves up’ to get the job done
- Ability to manage heavy workloads and motivate a small team of engineers
- Able to be flexible with working hours at short notice, and willing to work evenings/ weekends when required
- A friendly and confident personality
- Excellent customer care skills and telephone manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- The ability to follow safety and security procedures, and put them into effect
- A methodical approach to fault finding, with the ability to quickly find solutions or work-around’s to technical problems while working under pressure
If you believe you have the skills required to succeed in this role please submit a technical CV and cover letter outlining your qualifications, experience, and salary expectations to email@example.com. Due to the large number of applications, if you haven’t heard from us within two weeks, please assume that your request has not been successful this time.