Twickenham Studios | Job Description
Operations & Facilities
Director of Operations & Facilities
Twickenham Studios based in leafy St. Margarets has a rich and successful heritage, founded in 1913. From Script to Screen – Twickenham Film Studios have been producing films for over 100 years. A home for filmmakers, as well as being a centre for latest innovation and technology across all our offerings.
Recently acquired and operated by Time+Space Studios, Twickenham studios is known for being one of Britain’s leading production and post-production facilities. Offering Oscar winning Sound, Stages and Picture post-production across Film and TV projects for International and US high profile Film Studios as well as Independent Films and all key Streaming platforms.
Multimillion pound investments in 2020 and 2021 on the existing site, buildings, infrastructure and technology mean Twickenham Studios is able to expand and increase our world class facilities, cutting edge technology and award-winning talent to all of our clients worldwide.
The Head of Facilities is responsible for the daily management of the Electrical & Maintenance team to ensure that effective systems and processes are in place for inspecting, maintaining and repairing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems to ensure optimal operating results. Overseeing the studio’s facility operations, manage staff, manage cleaning/housekeeping duties, all while remaining in compliance with government regulations.
The candidate will support the Director of Operations & Facilities with the overall operational activity and development of the studio and post-production sites. The candidate should constantly look to improve site-wide H&S, compliance, M&E, build projects and site development, procurement & inventory, vendor and contractor relationships and projects.
The ideal candidate will be highly experienced, passionate and self-motivated in relation to all facilities systems, services and site running, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to deliver a diverse workload within a challenging workspace. This is a demanding and fast paced position that requires someone who is proactive and positive whilst using good judgement and courage in their decision making. A demonstrated background in facility infrastructure / estate management with a strong understanding of our industry’s workflows and best practice is essential.
- Ensuring the studio is legally compliant in line with HSE & government directives and regulations.
- Implementing, improving and maintaining planned preventative maintenance systems across all areas of the studio.
- Ensuring safe systems of work are implemented and followed.
- Effective collaboration and communication with the Operations team to ensure that maintenance and repair works are carried out without affecting Clients
- Execute equipment audits and record taking policies.
- Management of external contractors, third-party suppliers and vendors to pledge continuity of services to the facility and its tenants.
- Responsible for the professional operation of the facility. This involves in-house and outsourced services (including reactive and planned maintenance and enhancement), and maintaining internal communication with regards inspection reports, progress on works, issues, repairs and recharges.
- Passionate and displaying a keen interest in industry and facility relevant innovations and advancements in technology and product development.
- Assisting with Capital and Small Works projects with a range of budgets and schedules, ensuring all developments are delivered to an exceptional standard.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company and build alliances and partnerships with other organisations and vendors.
- Collaborate to complete safety audits and ensure that remedial, pre-emptive and improvement works to the site are carried out in an appropriate manner.
- Dealing with any issues that may adversely or otherwise impact the health and safety of staff, vendors and clients.
- Assisting with the implementation of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans.
- Build and maintain co-operative working relationships with other management team leaders to ensure a cohesive and supportive approach.
- Ability to step in and provide 2nd level technical assistance and guidance in difficult, time-critical studio and post-production environments.
- Be available to support with any issues that may arise out of normal working hours
- 5+ years’ experience at management level in a relevant setting (facilities/estate management/media industry).
- Proven knowledge of studio operations, including production and post-production facilities.
- Established relationships and access to high-quality supporting vendors in the region.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an innate ability to build rapport amongst a range of internal and external contacts.
- Tolerance for ambiguity in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Strong organisational skills with the aptitude to oversee multiple work streams simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise both personal and team workloads to ensure that tasks are delegated appropriately, and targets met within a fast-paced environment.
- Clear understanding of benchmarking mechanisms and contractual requirements.
- Familiarity with all current conditions of service, contracts of employment, health and safety legalities and their impact on staff.
Applications to be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your CV and a cover letter.
The deadline for interested applicants is Monday 31st May