JOB TITLE: Director of Finance
DEPARTMENT: Senior Management
LOCATION: Twickenham Studios
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
CREATED/REVISED: July 2021
Twickenham Studios based in leafy St. Margarets has a rich and successful heritage, founded in 1913. From Script to Screen – Twickenham Film Studios have been producing films for over 100 years. A home for filmmakers, as well as being a centre for latest innovation and technology across all our offerings.
Recently acquired and operated by Time+Space Studios, Twickenham studios is known for being one of Britain’s leading production and post-production facilities. Offering Oscar winning Sound, Stages and Picture post-production across Film and TV projects for International and US high profile Film Studios as well as Independent Films and all key Streaming platforms.
Multimillion pound investments in 2020 and 2021 on the existing site, buildings, infrastructure and technology mean Twickenham Studios is able to expand and increase our world class facilities, cutting edge technology and award-winning talent to all of our clients worldwide.
As Director of Finance, you will be responsible for ensuring the procedures, policies and processes by which the Twickenham Film Studios manages its resources and finances. Ensuring these are rigourously applied and proposing suitable improvements and enhancements to the CFO. Reporting to the Managing Director, you will ensure that robust frameworks and reporting are in place to satisfy all requirements and act as a champion for internal controls and fraud awareness. You will need to combine strong business and financial acumen alongside excellent people and client facing skills whilst creating, maintaining and evolving the business and financial analysis and reporting to a granular level.
You will be reponsible for ensuring financial accountability and reporting across all departments ensuring in depth reporting and analysis to understand each facet of the company and its true performance and profitability. You will provide support across the organisation at senior levels to ensure that all obligations are properly understood and complied with to create conditions for ongoing success. You will utilise your strong business accumen to ensure you lead the way and motivate other HOD’s to analyse their individual P&L at departmental level.
As a qualified accountant, you will bring proven technical expertise along with experience within a comparably complex environment and extensive understanding of Coorporation level standards in financial reporting and control. A collaborative and inclusive leader, you will evidence past success in developing and maintaining a high performing team to support an effective finance function.
You will bring not just capability, but a clear sense of a strong value set in line with an organisation that champions inclusion, diversity, collaboration and successful delivery.
- Detailed FP&A and experience with commercial negotiation
- End-to-end P&L management, cashflow management and capital investment appraisal
- Provide high quality strategic financial planning, modelling and analysis that supports professional, accurate and risk-based decision-making.
- Leading on the preparation of financial planning and annual budgets through to year-end audit with the support of a high calibre team
- Develop financial strategy and operations to underpin funding growth and delivery of TFS objectives
- Report to the Board on financial performance, strategy, risk and resilience
- Producing comprehensive financial reports for key stakeholders with further self driven analysis
- Have oversight for the development of the finance control and systems infrastructure to ensure the organisation and team have the tools necessary to support the growth of the organisation
- Provide effective leadership and professional development to the Finance team to ensure service excellence through skills and systems, with experience of developing teams to produce high integrity accounts and financial information
- Ensure that colleagues across the organisation are supported to deliver their resource responsibilities to a high standard, decisions are financially robust, compliance obligations are met; and risk is effectively managed
- Production of budget and business performance board packs and presentations
- Continually improve financial control/policies and proviving detailed variance analysis for the MD
- A qualified accountant (e.g. ACA, ACCA or ACMA) with significant knowledge and experience of leading a finance function to successfully deliver the full range of financial management activities
- 5+ years’ experience at a similar financial level within a large media based company, or production or post production facility/studio delivering high end content.
- Experience of successfully reviewing, designing and delivering change to/in a finance function. Including effectively engaging with a broad range of stakeholders, leading and supporting staff and ensuring that change is positioned to deliver optimal outcomes
- Experience of providing leadership and management to a cross-functional team. This should include providing guidance, development, management and challenge with the ability to deploy a range of management styles.
- Experience of driving high performance, developing staff and managing issues of performance and conduct successfully
- Highly developed skill in building relationships for influence across a range of culturally, geographically and professionally diverse colleagues. Ability to actively listen, and understand the perspectives, and own the priorities, of others; to influence and build better mutually beneficial outcomes
- Intellectual curiosity including a strong disposition to seek out diverse views, engage with difference of option and consider new and novel ways of doing things. Ability to adapt plans and approaches to a range of contexts
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise both personal and team workloads to ensure that tasks are delegated appropriately, and targets met within a fast-paced environment.
- Able to constructively appraise other senior management and shareholders of project statuses with capability to provide insight and guidance on future endeavours.
- Clear understanding of benchmarking mechanisms and contractual requirements.
- Familiarity with all current conditions of service, contracts of employment, health and safety legalities and their impact on staff.
- Ability to remain calm and effective in difficult situations.
- A logical and fast approach to problem solving, with a tolerance for ambiguity in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Resilient, tenacious, flexible, diplomatic, committed with strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to get involved with precise attention to detail.
Applications via email to be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your CV and a cover letter. The deadline for interested applicants is Monday 18th October.